Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Dad Stopped Smoking :o

This is beyond startling.  It actually happened a couple months ago, but I didn't say anything because I didn't think it would stick.  He has been smoking since he was a child!  In the past, he would buy a carton at a time, and let me know when he was almost out.  Then we would go to the smoke shop.  One day he just didn't ask.  I couldn't believe it.  I went to the store to get him some Nicorette gum, hoping that would help it stick.  I offered him a piece a few times a day for the first few days, then a couple a day, then one.  I gathered up all the lighters so they would not be a reminder.  And the days went on...  At a recent doctor visit, he said he had quit years ago lol!  I am thrilled and relieved.  Although he always smoked outside, he sometimes used the stove to light them and left the gas on once!  Here's to hoping they are gone for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment