Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Slow Down Mama!



Something very cool happened to me the other day, and I wanted to write it down someplace so I don’t forget it.  Then I realized, oh yeah, I have a blog now lol.  And this story even fits the subject….  I was getting my day started and being oh so busy as usual.  It bugs me to have my hair down when I am trying to be really productive, so I was looking for a hair tie or clip.  I took one look in a place I thought I had left some, but I didn’t see any there.  So my thinking went something like this: “Oh jeez, really?  Well I don’t have time to slow down and go hunting for hair things.  I am just going to keep working.”  Sure enough, that set me up for getting into one of those places where I was starting to feel frantic and like, “Oh my god I am never going to get all this packing done and all this food cooked andandand”.  So I took a deep breath and thought to myself, “OK, this isn’t helping, let’s get back to a focus of what is right in front of me and choose ONE thing to work on RIGHT NOW.” So I decided to start unloading the dishwasher and try to think about JUST that.  It is mindfulness technique I have used in the past, and I really like it.  If I am having an especially anxious day, I will literally take it to the level of saying to myself, “Now I am putting this fork away, now I am putting this plate away,” etc.  I guess this time all I needed was a small shift, because the moment I bent over slightly and reached out to open the dishwasher, a hair tie literally fell on to the back of my hand!  I was like, “Um, OK, thanks universe.  Lock this into memory!”   


That is all for now.  SO many posts rattling around in my head but feel like I am down to the wire with packing.  Hopefully I will get at least one more done before heading to CA.  in more mundane news, Ron got approved for an apartment near his new job, so that is one thing settled.  We plan to leave for CA with a Uhaul trailer on February 28.  This is really happening folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment