Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Made it to California!


Thought I should do a basic update post.  Somewhat of a harrowing trip to CA pulling the trailer over all the mountains.   It ate up an insane amount of gas!  A light in the dashboard kept flashing at various times, but we think it was because of the excessive gas use.  The kids did pretty well, although they had their moments of fighting.  Thank goodness for noise cancelling headphones and Bendaroos.  They even ASKED to sit next to each other while working on some creations.


I am already feeling a bit overwhelmed and "what did I get myself into?"  here.  I am going to be alone most of the time as remote working is not going to work as well for my husband as we had hoped.  Meeting the needs of two children, and elder and a dog leaves little time for anything else.  And there is SO much work to do here!  My parenting  has been shitty.  I need to find ways to take breaks for the kids and writing, but I am feeling like I will be here for 5 years unless I start busting my ass non stop whenever I can.

For now, I just want to find certain things I packed and at least get the kids rooms to a place they can enjoy them.  Then I will slow down a bit.  See I am putting it in writing.  Doesn't that have to make it true?  :)

One day at a time, one moment at a time.  Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment